Get a Better Instagram feed with Picdeck
Picdeck turns your single, slim instagram feed in to a tweetdeck style multicolumn page.
For months I’ve been complaining that a physically start to feel dizzy after scrolling through my instagram feed. seriously this damn thing takes me about ten minutes to scroll through and feel I’ve caught up with friends.
Now you can prioritize special/friends and hashtags to both maximize your ingestion and keep an eye on hashtags that could turn in to leads.
- Single Users/Hashtags – currently each column is simply one user name or hashtag. Hopefully in the future they’ll allow for lists.
- Refresh rate – Seems like the refresh rate on this is something like 5 or 10 minutes (if even), you can manually refresh, but i’d like to see the ability to set it.
- I’d actually like to see individual refresh buttons on each column, as I may be more interested in seeing the changes in a certain feed
- Format – No matter how many columns, or how big/small your browser window images will always appear as a 250 px x 250 px image. Again a setting OR even automatic change based on available space would be great.
- Click to new Page – Currently clicking on the image (and specially their ‘eye’ logo) takes you to a new page. Two things should happen here:
- User click should register anywhere on the image
- Larger image should pop upas a lightbox not a new page.
As a special side-note: I added my own instragram feed and it disappears on every refresh. So that’s fun if you’re trying to self stalk 😉http://www.samproof.tv/2014/08/26/get-a-better-instagram-feed-with-picdeck/https://i0.wp.com/www.samproof.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Screen-Shot-2014-08-26-at-11.54.50-AM.png?fit=1024%2C525https://i0.wp.com/www.samproof.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Screen-Shot-2014-08-26-at-11.54.50-AM.png?fit=150%2C76Articles/ReviewLifesocial mediainstagram,picdeck,pictures,social media,tweetdeckPicdeck turns your single, slim instagram feed in to a tweetdeck style multicolumn page. For months I've been complaining that a physically start to feel dizzy after scrolling through my instagram feed. seriously this damn thing takes me about ten minutes to scroll through and feel I've caught up with...SamProofSamProof firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorGoogle+ | twitter Sam Proof is an Actor, Writer and Filmmaker.Sam Proof