Full Speed Ahead
(skip to the end for Collab Video Details)
Recently I teamed up with director Stimson Snead, who’s come up to shoot & direct my sketch videos. (remember when I did those?)
Yea, they’re coming back, in full force. Stimson and I have shot 2 videos now, the first should be out in the next two weeks. The second one will be the first of the new Zombie Series I’m doing, so that may be another month before it comes out. I want to shoot them all first, then I’ll release them on a weekly basis.
I’m pretty excited about this. Having a team, no matter how small just keeps me on track, keeps me going. And things will be better than they ever had been. We’re amping up the equipment we’re using and with that I can amp up the ideas. I’d love to find a dedicated editor in Los Angeles, so things could go even smoother. But I suppose until I can pay people I’ll take what I can get, which means mostly me and my friend Ed as Editors.
So, here’s a quick shot from today’s shoot.
A New Sam Proof Collab Video!
So yea, I’ve finally got a new collab video idea, it will actually tie in to the Zombie Series so It’s going to happen even if I have to play a million various parts myself.
So here’s what I need – The concept is pretty simple, I’m going to do a montage of what will appear to be skype calls. I don’t need any complex set ups, all I need is you grabbing a weapon and shaking it in front of the camera. You’re not threatening me, just showing off that you have a good weapon. I’m not looking for goofy weapons, but serious things. A sharp looking kitchen knife, a butcher knife, a gun, etc.
Please be careful if you use an actual weapon
- Shoot straight on, head and shoulders OR a Medium shot, if you need it to show the weapon
- Try and pick a clean, uncluttered background – if you’re a blogger with a typical set up for you own videos, use that one.
- Please light to make a bright clean picture
- Sound isn’t very important, but do your best with that
- Shoot 16:9 widescreen, HD – I will accept SD and 4:3 – BUT 16:9 HD will get priority, so if I have to cut anything it’ll probably be the SD clips
- You can say something like “Check this out” “Oh yea” “I’m covered” – something along the lines of “This is my weapon” “I’m good” etc
- Shake the weapon around, or play with it as it should be used for 5 to 10 seconds, then play with it in a more weird/crazy way and make a war cry
- Preferred file is .Mov, .Mp4, I can usually convert any file type
- Send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org – use yousendit.com, pando, dropbox, or a similar serivce
- Dead line is April 12th
- In your email please include your youtube channel link (even if you know I know it, just to help organize things)
Ok That’s it, I look forward to your clips!http://www.samproof.tv/2011/03/30/full-speed/https://i2.wp.com/www.samproof.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/beardo-Furby.jpg?fit=800%2C533https://i2.wp.com/www.samproof.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/beardo-Furby.jpg?fit=150%2C150productionbeardo,collab video,furby,pics,pictures,pre production,production,samproof,stimson snead,video,zombie collab