My 2011 iPhone Resolutions
So last night my girlfriend and I both rushed to our Macbooks at midnight and gave up our 200+ Dollars in a heartbeat to get the new Verizon iPhone.
For the past few years I’ve been on verizon with an semi smart phone that I don’t have a data plan for. My day to day consists, generally, of touting around a 40 pound backpack that carries my laptop, power supply, SLR camera, notebooks, pens, earphones, ipod(shuffle), ouu and I just remember cookies! nom nom nom… the whole thins it big, bulky and heavy. but I do it everyday.
Then I’ll sit for hours on end at a cafe and work. Which consists of blogging for samproof.tv, podpocalypse.com, lessthanheroic.com or I facebook, twitter, dailybooth… or just search randomly for things that I might go back and blog.
I’m a slave to free wifi signals, and generally a table with an outlet.
While I don’t think my habits will be effected drastically by the iPhone, I’ve been cafe hopping for decades now, I’m probably not gonna change that just cause my phone can can make muffins. However when I’m not able to sit down with my laptop at will, I get antsy. When I out having dinner with friends, waiting in line for a movie (hell watching a movie)… I can’t help but want to get online. I’m totally addicted. But I think having access to the net no matter where I am, will actually cut down.. or rather spread out this dependence.
So as a sort of checklist to myself, These are my resolutions to how I’ll use my iPhone and thus improve my own productivity:
- 1st and foremost accurate foursquare check-ins – no more misspelled locations from SMS check ins
- Daily Dailybooth pictures – I tend to just forget! But seeing that little app looking at me, should remind me
- Foursquare pics – which reminds me, the iphone app actually lets you take/upload pics to 4sq. I’m soon to be a foodie whether I want to or not!
- Faster, Better, Bloging – One of my main priorities will be to keep on top of podpocalypse and stories that can be blogged.
- Live Streaming – Once upon a time I would live stream nightly. I’d come home from work and put my stream up and just whatever happened happened. It’s time to bring that back. I’m hoping to stream nearly daily again.
- PICTURES – oh yea, all the stuff I do I try often to take pictures of.. but then I forget to download them, resize them, convert them from raw to jpeg… upload … blah blah blah… now. Click, Upload, done. There will be pics!
- Go our more often to more places – Without the restriction or worry of having to lug a 40 pound sack around with me, I want to try and push past my routines and do more, go to more places and hang out with more people.
So that’s about it. in the meantime I’ll be spending the next week waiting…
http://www.samproof.tv/2011/02/03/2011-iphone-resolutions/https://i0.wp.com/www.samproof.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/iphone_girl.jpg?fit=220%2C332https://i0.wp.com/www.samproof.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/iphone_girl.jpg?fit=150%2C150LifeSo last night my girlfriend and I both rushed to our Macbooks at midnight and gave up our 200+ Dollars in a heartbeat to get the new Verizon iPhone. For the past few years I've been on verizon with an semi smart phone that I don't have a data plan...SamProofSamProof email@example.comAdministratorGoogle+ | twitter Sam Proof is an Actor, Writer and Filmmaker.Sam Proof