How To Self Publish a Book on Kindle
The other day I ePublished my first novel ‘Gone’.
It was pretty simple, took about 10 minutes.
Below is a visual step by step guide on how to publish your own book on Amazon’s Kindle service.
1 -Add New Item
2 – Fill out Forms (4 steps)
At this point you’ll be taken to a form with four steps.
Step 1 should expand automatically. If for some reason it doesn’t simply click the + box to expand
2.1 Enter Product Details
You should now see
Here you’ll be able to enter:
- Book description
- Authors – click the add/edit button
- Publisher (if you’ve gone through a company like createspace you’ll enter that, or leave it blank)
- ISBN (if you’ve already registered the book for an ISBN enter it here. otherwise leave it blank)
- Language – drop down menu
- Pub Date – select today unless you have previously published this
- Keywords – this is how people will search Amazon to find your work
- Edition Number – if this is your first time it’s either 1 or 0 or leave it blank
- Series Title – if this is a part of a series of books, that goes here
- Series Volume – this is it’s position in the series
- DRM – ok this is what Amazon says about this So use your own judgement on this one and do some research. Let me know what you think. I went With it for my novel Gone.
- Product image – This is your book cover. this is what the Kindle store will display. for example
Finish Step 1 and move on(Click the SAve Entries Button in the Lower Right corner)
2.2 Confirm Content Rights
Ok I may not be 100% on this but basically If You own all the rights to your book, then it’s your choice on worldwide or individual territories. If the rights are shared (with a publisher etc) you most likely have to consult with them on this.
Then Click the Check box on B. and ‘Save Entries’ to move on
2.3 Upload & Preview Book
This is pretty simple. Browse to find your manuscript.
I went with a Word file.
Converting from word to an HTML file resulted in a lot of odd characters. And I don’t have a way to see what happens with a PRC.
Then Click upload and this should happen
once the file is upload a preview button will appear
2.4 Enter Suggested Retail Price
That’s all she wrote folks.
The publish button on the top Right bar should ‘Turn on’
(i totally forgot to take a screenshot when I did this the first time… so imagine that lighter )
Click it and now it’s time to tell the world you published your novel and promote it!
and remember people don’t have to have a kindle to read a digital book from Amazon.
They have a variety of Apps for different platforms like Mac, PC, iPad, Blackberry & iPhone (and more are coming)http://www.samproof.tv/2010/04/28/how-to-self-publish-a-book-on-kindle/Writingamazon,amazon kindle,book publishing,books,ebook,ebook publishing,how to,how to publish,how to publish a book,kindle,novel,publish on kindle,self publish,self publishing,selling yourself,storyThe other day I ePublished my first novel 'Gone'. It was pretty simple, took about 10 minutes. Below is a visual step by step guide on how to publish your own book on Amazon's Kindle service. First if you don't already have one create an amazon.com account and then sign in to...SamProofSamProof email@example.comAdministratorGoogle+ | twitter Sam Proof is an Actor, Writer and Filmmaker.Sam Proof